Friday 3 August 2007

Dad plans scavenger hunt for daughter's party

Hi Nikki,

I received everything and read through it yesterday. It provided me with great ideas. The party I am planning is for my daughters 9th birthday /slumber party. There will be about 8 girls in all and the scavenger hunt/treasure hunt will take place in our neighborhood. Although it is only a couple of weeks away I am still brainstorming and 'creating' the game. We sent out invites yesterday.

My initial plan is to combine a scavenger hunt with a treasure hunt. The teams will have to follow clues to different locations and follow instructions at that location to receive the next clue.

I really like your idea of taking some digital photos along the way to prove some activities were accomplished. Also collecting items/discovering clues along the way. I am not sure what the finale game will look like but I thought the pi?ata idea for the winning team to break open and share with all was great. Somewhere along the way they someone will find a key that when they finish the hunt will unlock a 'treasure' chest which I will actually bury in the woods behind my house.

The eight girls are a lot of fun and adventurous so I think it will be a lot fun for all. I have enlisted my 12 and 14 year old kids to assist and monitor some of the activities.

We live in North Carolina and the party will be on the 15th of June.

Thanks again

Matt Groux,

More details on a great Scavenger Hunt Party Game here

No comments: