Sunday 16 December 2007

English speaking treasure hunt in Belgium

Hello Nikki,

We are planning a party in Brussels, Belgium, which is where we are based although we are British and all the children are English speaking.

It is for my daughter's 7th birthday party on 3rd July and we are expecting 14 (maybe 15) children between the ages of 6 1/2 and 7 1/2.

I have read through the book a couple of times and I think it looks good. Some of the games look at bit tricky for them, perhaps the message written backwards is too hard, but I guess we could substitute it for another.

The only real concern I have is that the children's reading skills may not be up to it (they start reading late here - they've only been at it since September), so I thought I could incorporate lots of symbols to help them.

Also, does it matter if the teams are not of equal sizes? I was thinking of 2 teams of 4 members and 2 of 3 members. Will it still work?

I'd be grateful to hear any comments you have.

Best regards,

Philippa Stewart, Belgium

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: