Wednesday 11 February 2009

Combination code stops shortcutting of treasure hunt game

I appreciate your service.

I had a New Year's Eve treasure hunt with about 50 young adults from church. Good times! It was a success! I tweaked the hunt so that it was 'global', so the teams were traveling to different world countries, and the challenges ranged from a basketball free-throw challenge (Lithuania) to a suduko challenge (Japan) to creating an encouraging note for our missionary friend in Africa (Tanzania).

An interesting thing happened at the end...one of the more enterprising guys figured out where the treasure map was hidden without having all the clue pieces (i.e., his team hadn't completed the last task, but he still figured out the clue). Thank goodness for the combination code...it saved me from having to make up rules on the spot. He couldn't take the map without having the combination code. As it turned out, another team won instead!

We had a good time...thank you for sharing your organizational skills with all of us!

PS: If I get some photos, I'll email them to you

Christine Brackett, California USA

More details on a great Church Treasure Hunt here

No comments: