Thursday 12 March 2009

Family treasure hunt for July 4th Weekend

Dear Nikki,

I received the treasure hunt planner without a problem. I am planning a treasure hunt for the July 4th weekend. My family along with 7 other families with kids are going camping in upstate NY. We have been doing this for a few years now. The kids range in age from 3-15. Last year I planned treasure hunt for them where one clue led to the next clue and so on until the last clue directed the kids to the treasure. The kids loved it so much that they asked for another treasure hunt this year. This year I wanted to make it a little different. I wanted to have the kids do an activity at each station where they would get a clue so your ideas have really helped.

I have changed a few ideas. I want all the kids to work together and not make teams because I don't want it to become a competition. I know 14 kids is a lot to work together but I thought I would give it a try. For example, instead of mummy wrapping one team member I am having each kid mummy wrap another kids arm so everyone will have to be wrapped to move one to another station. I will let you know how it all works out.

Debra Meyers, New York USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: