Sunday 1 March 2009

Subterfuge and excitement at the church treasure hunt!

Nikki,

I decided to bury the treasure right at the edge of the woods on our property.

I've written a clue that will bring the searchers to the map (or final clue). I haven't written the last step of final instruction, but I'm partial to little rhymes rather than maps. I'm sure I'll have no trouble coming up with something once I give it a few minutes.

The party is for the deacon and pastoral staff for my church. I used the idea you gave me to name each station for a city in Paul's journeys.

Here's a fun thing I've added. The guests are aware that there's a church leadership party and they know the date and time, but NOT the location. In fact, they haven't been told who is hosting the party--only that it is a church leadership party.

On the night of the party, they go to a local fountain and bench to meet a man with a black trench coat and hat who will give them a clue that leads them to my house (where the party and hunt will be).

I have reservations from 14 families who have called a cell phone number and left reservations following a message from a voice that isn't mine. People with questions have been directed to the church secretary who is in on the secret and can answer questions or ask me and get back with the guests.

I'm having a ball with it. Thanks, Nikki, for your great ideas and your well-written plan.

Kim Bickel, Indiana USA

More details on a great Church Treasure Hunt here

No comments: