Friday 19 August 2016

Treasure hunt almost ready to go

Nikki,

I have been working on the Treasure Hunt all week, and I'm finishing the final touches on the map tonight.

I am going to have 18 children ages 5-10 years. We are having the hunt at our farm around a creek. I will set up the stations tomorrow. I am excited about using the mummy challenge. My son wanted to have all physical challenges so I put all the younger children in a group, all the girls in a group and split the boys into two groups. I think there will be less competition within the groups. Sometimes boys tend to get too competitive. I have chosen five other physical challenges including a multilegged race, a musical water glass, an egg race, a water balloon toss, the mummy challenge, and a water race.

I am going to hide a key for each team, which will open the treasure chest with their goody bags in them.

I have enough adults for each station. I think that will help.

The rest of the party includes a hotdog cookout, a hay ride, a hike in a really cool creek with caves, frogs, and lizards, and the treasure hunt, not to mention the cake and icecream and the presents. I hope it doesn't get dark before we're finished.

I used many good ideas from your ebook. I copied the station names onto yellow cardstock and laminated them. We will attach them to posts which are in place already.

Thanks for the great ideas.

Sincerely,

Shelley Grellner, Oklahoma USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: