Tuesday 6 April 2010

Memorial day picnic with treasure hunt

Hey Nikki,

Thanks for your emails. I purchased and downloaded your Treasure Hunt Party Game Planner Sunday night and got right to work. You see, I needed a great Treasure Hunt for our Memorial Day church picnic and I only had one night and a morning to get it all done! Your material was a great help and made it both fun and substantive. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Let me share one quick highlight: my son had a kid's "spy" safe with a changeable number-pad combination. This worked great for hiding the map in. Type in the wrong number and the thing alarms and flashes lights--and of course won't open! It was perfect. What was a blast at our Treasure Hunt was one team put all their clues together and raced to unlock the map. But they kept getting the combination wrong, so a second team ended up getting it. We really had a blast! Thanks so much!

Michael De Leon, pastor

Lighthouse Baptist Church

P.S. for others using your ideas, I was able to make it work with only me as a helper. I used a lot of puzzle type games which was easier for one person--me--to check off then watching people do stuff.

Michael De Leon, Ohio, USA

More details on a great Church Treasure Hunt here

No comments: