Thursday 11 October 2007

ATV treasure hunt

Nikki,

I was able to get several good ideas for my treasure hunt. I'm putting together a birthday party for my son and two nieces on the last weekend of January, (the 27th & 28th). My son turns 16 on the 20th, one niece turns 18 on the 23rd, and another niece turns 17 on the 26th. This party will consist mostly of teenagers, and their parents with a total group of about 35-40 people. My son and both nieces wanted to invite all their friends who have ATV's, and play games that could involve ATV's. We have a wooded area that consists of about 320 acres, and most attendees will be staying and camping on Saturday night. The treasure hunt seemed like a good idea.

Since most everyone participating will be riding an ATV, I wanted to limit the number of teams to only 3 or 4, with responsible adults leading each group. I need to emphasize that this is not a race because I don't want anyone riding too fast and risk anyone getting injured. Also, only about 1/2 of those attending are familiar with our land. Some of those attending has never even been there before.

At this time, I'm thinking I will probably use GPS coordinates to direct each team from one location to the other. On our property, we have a small pond, we have 4 access gates (chain link), an old cabin with an old outhouse, and several deer hunting stands that would all make for good hiding places. By the way, our party is in East Texas.

Steve Carver, Texas USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: