Friday 12 October 2007

Planning our treasure hunt

Hi Nikki. I had hoped to get most of the planning done today, but alas, other chores kept us busy today! Well ... that and the great weather!

I'm going to work on it over the next 2 days. I have a few different places I am thinking for burying the treasure. There is a corner spot in our backyard where the grass has died, so I thought that might be a good place. Or, in the front garden.

The party is for younger girls. The oldest will be 8; and I have 2 6 year olds playing. I thought I would draw a fairly simple map - that would probably be easier than a clue I think.

My niece, who is 15, really wants to help me plan everything out. We're going to start tomorrow. I have a gold coloured cake tin that I'm going to use as the 'treasure box' - we're just going to decorate it up a bit more. Once we start the planning, I may have some questions. If I do, I will certainly e-mail you.

I'll also let you know how it all went. I think it is a GREAT idea and my daughter is very excited about it.

Thanks for writing,

Karen

Karen Hayward, Ontario, Canada

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: