Monday 24 September 2007

How to judge how long a scavenger hunt will take

Nikki

I have read through the planner and have started coming up with ideas.

The party will be held at the Mall of America, Bloomington MN with 6 - 12year olds- 2 teams of 3. I have purchased t-shirts for all of them to wear so that people will know that they are playing a game. I'm having difficulty trying to judge how many things I need to have them play for

two hours. Any ideas on that would be of great help.

I really want to do a variety of things, like riddles, so one that I have come up with is, picture in front of the store that 'every athletic team has' answer Coach. But of course they have to figure it out. I'm doing a lot of hunt and find with pictures but I haven't come up with anything to exciting for them to actually look for. I am using your ideas on perfume card, cellular phone brochure but those are pretty easy. I have a couple of weeks until the party so maybe I can come up with more ideas.

If you have other obscure items to find, let me know because I'd like to challenge them.

Thank you.

--------------------

Hi Gina

It is always difficult to judge just how long things will take, as what you think is hard they will do quickly and what you believe to be easy will stump them for ages!! (Just the way it goes...). So I suggest that you have way too many items on your list and a strict time limit (penalties for being late back). That way they will do as much as they can and no one is expected to do everything.

To challenge them a little, give them some photo challenges or tasks to be completed. You can always give extra point for tasks so that they are encouraged to do them, rather than just stick to the easy stuff.

Best Wishes

Nikki

Gina Matschi, Minnesota USA

More details on a great Scavenger Hunt Party Game here

No comments: