Monday 3 September 2007

Surprise 35th birthday party scavenger hunt

I had my husband's 35th birthday party yesterday, a surprise scavenger hunt that was unbelievably successful! I had three teams set up, and I made it so that each team had to have my husband with them to complete certain selected tasks (which were typically different for each team). I traveled with my husband as he kept getting cell phone calls to run off and meet this team or that team, so I got to interact with every team pretty extensively during the hunt. I have never seen so many people having such a good time and laughing so much in my entire life. As the organizer, it was the best feeling in the world! One guest wrote an email and said: 'I wanted to tell you what a FABULOUS time we had yesterday. It was, in my humble opinion, the perfect party. Thanks again for everything. You really, truly outdid yourself.'

From your tools, I combined suggestions and sample items from the photo hunt, the hunt at the mall, and the hunt downtown. I think the teams had the most fun (and got the funniest pictures) from these items:

- Convince a downtown bartender to invent an original drink in honor of Jason. Write down the ingredients, and get a picture of Jason sipping the drink with your team.

- Photograph at least 2 members of your team playing Dance Dance Revolution.

- Photograph one team member dipping a bare toe in the canal.

- Photograph at least 3 members of your team posing in front of Victory Field as if they were playing baseball.

- Photograph a member of your team jumping up in the air in the place where creativity blossoms. (This was the Arts Garden. They really got into jumping high for the shot while trying not to distract the people listening to the classical pianist inside!)

I also had a funny misunderstanding. I gave four points if you could get your whole team into pictures in these three situations 1) with a stroller; 2) with a clock that read 2:45; and 3) with a couple who have been together less than 2 years. One team thought you had to have all three at once (my fault), so they nabbed a father with a stroller, ran into a clock store, borrowed a clock and set it for 2:45, had the hands of the clock fall off in the process, bribed the father not to leave, got another clock, set that, and grabbed a young couple. They definitely won the prize for 'best story'!

I am attaching a few pictures. Thanks for making yourself available and providing great tools, which not only gave me good ideas but boosted my confidence in the process. All the adults had so much fun that my son is now demanding a scavenger hunt birthday party for kids on his upcoming birthday.

Best regards

Ann D'Angelo, Indiana USA

More details on a great Scavenger Hunt Party Game here

No comments: