Sunday 11 November 2007

Pirate treasure hunt theme 'wins' over Halloween

Hello,

I did receive the party planner as well as the Halloween pack and the pirate pack as I wasn't sure which one I would do. After a vote from all the adult chaperone's, the pirate theme won out. We are planning the party in MI on Oct 28th. It will be a Halloween party for my son and his friends from middle school. The age range will be from about 8 (siblings of his friends) to about 15. We usually get about 25-30 kids each year so they expect us to top last years spectacle. Its gets harder each year as they get older and don't fall for 'kiddie games' anymore.

I have read the books thru and we are keeping few of the games suggested (scavenger hunt, flag creation and walking the plank). We are just adding 'features' to each of those three to slow them down a bit. Then I created 3 other games to replace the ones in the book that I know they wont like or will do so fast that they will be doubling up at the ports. So in an effort to not overwhelm my lovely adult volunteers, I need to keep them at each station for about the same time. The three new games should keep all ports on the same time scale (at least I hope it will).

Thanks for the great ideas, they got me going in the right direction. Overall I hope it goes over well.

Lisa Marten, Michigan USA

More details on a great Pirate Treasure Hunt here

No comments: